I thought of vegan shortcrust pastry tartlets with jam as an option to the classic tartlet.
“The first duty and right of every person as soon as he wakes up should be to eat a vegan shortcrust pastry tartlet with jam.”
We decided to share the recipes of the vegan cakes that we offer every morning to the B&B guests. This is the first recipe that we introduce in this blog, the others you’ll find here: Vegan sweet recipes for breakfast.
Vegan shortcrust pastry tartlets with jam
- 6 mini molds to tartlets
- Plastic wrap
- 175 g All-purpose flour
- 62 g Brown sugar
- 1 pinch Fine salt
- 45 g Water
- 25 g Sunflower oil
- 25 g Olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 5 g Cream of tartar
- 6 tsp Strawberry jam
- To a large bowl, add the dry ingredients: the flour, the sugar and the pinch of fine salt. Mix well. Set aside. To a separate bowl add the liquid ingredients: the water, the sunflower oil, the extra virgin olive oil. Mix well. Take a glass, add the apple cider vinegar, the baking powder, mix and quickly pour over the liquid ingredients.
- Now combine the dry ingredients to liquid ones and mix well, before using a spoon then by hands until getting a soft dough. Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and assemble into a ball.
- Cover the dough with the plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 min to stiffen.
- Using molds of choice, line each with some oil and flour ((this will help to remove them). Divide the dough into 6 portions of the same size and form into balls. Roll out, onto a floured board, each portion of dough with a rolling pin giving it a circular and flat shape larger then the molds and place each portion into the mold. Fill with a teaspoon of jam and close the edges at will.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180‘C.for 30-35 minutes. Set aside to cool down.