The vegan chocolate muffins are soft, awesome and heady from the first bite.
“Every morning a gazelle wakes up and wonders why the hell the lion doesn’t have breakfast with a nice vegan chocolate muffin…”
This is the second recipe that we publish on the blog of the B&B Costiera dei Cech, the others can be found here: Vegan sweets recipes for breakfast.
Vegan chocolate muffins
- 12 Cup muffin pan
- 12 Paper or silicone muffin cups
- 180 g All-purpose flour
- 150 g White sugar
- 4 tbsp Bitter cocoa
- 80 g Extra dark chocolate
- 6 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 250ml ml Soy milk with no-sugar
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 6 g Cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Coconut flour
- Grate the extra dark chocolate, or mince using the food processor.
- To a large bowl, add the dry ingredients: the flour, the cornstarch, the sugar, the cocoa, the extra dark chocolate and mix well. Set aside. To a separate bowl add the liquid ingredients: the soy milk and the sunflower oil. Mix well. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined in a soft batter.
- Take a glass, add the apple cider vinegar and the cream of tartar, mix and quickly pour over the batter. Stir well.
- Insert the paper or silicone muffin cups into the pan. Spoon the batter into the muffin pan, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with some coconut flour.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180°C. for 30-35 minutes. Set aside to cool down.