The vegan orange and chocolate cookies are just what you need to start the day with taste and sweetness. In this recipe there is the addition of buckwheat flour that gives the cookies an amazing rustic look.
“Happiness is: cooking cookies, serving them, eating them, talking about them and sharing the recipe.”
Vegan orange and chocolate cookies
- Plastic wrap
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- 100 g All-purpose flour
- 75 g Buckwheat flour
- 30 g Brown sugar
- 45 g Water
- 25 g Sunflower oil
- 25 g Olive oil extra virgin
- 1,5 g Cream of tartar
- 1 Orange, zest
- 1 pinch Fine salt
- 30 g Extra dark chocolate
- Prepare the following ingredients and then set them aside:Grate the orange zest Chop the extra dark chocolate into small pieces with a knife
- To a bowl add the following ingredients: sifted all-purpose flour, buckwheat flour, brown sugar, salt, chocolate and cream of tartar. Mix well.
- To another bowl add the following ingredients: sunflower oil, olive oil extra virgin, water, and orange zest. Mix well.
- Now combine the ingredients into a single bowl, before using a spoon then by hands until getting a soft and oiled dough.
- Cover the dough with the plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 30 min to stiffen.
- After the rest time divide the dough into 12 portions of the same size. With your hands, give each portion an oval shape 1 cm thick or so.
- Cover the baking tray with the baking paper and place the 12 portions of dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180‘C for 25 minutes.After the first 15 minutes turn the cookies and continue baking for another 10 minutes. Let it cool well at room temperature before serving.