Vegan apple cake is just good. This low-sugar recipe allows you to better enjoy the sweet taste of apples.
“After a piece of vegan apple cake for breakfast, you can decide to change the world or you can eat another piece.”
Vegan apple cake
- Round cake pan, diameter 24 cm
- Baking paper
- 150 g All-purpose flour
- 150 g Manitoba flour
- 50 g Brown sugar
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- 250 ml Soy milk with no-sugar
- 50 ml Sunflower oil
- 9 g Cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Apples
- 1 Lemon, juice and zest
- 1 pinch Fine salt
- Prepare the following ingredients and then set them aside.Grate the lemon zest.Peel and core the apples. Dice one apple and put into a bowl with the juice of half a lemon. Slice the other one, place the slices on a plate and season them with the juice of the remaining lemon.
- Preheatthe oven to 180°C
- To a bowl add the following ingredients: the two sifted flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, fine salt and diced apple (keep out the lemon juice). Mix well.
- To another bowl add the following ingredients: soy milk, sunflower oil and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Combine all the ingredients in a single bowl and stir until just combined in a soft batter.
- Take a large glass, put the apple cider vinegar and cream of tartar, mix and pour quickly over the batter. Stir well.
- Pour the batter into the round cake pan (line the bottom with baking paper).
- Decorate the surface of the cake, as you prefer, with the apple slices (remove the lemon juice).
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180°C. for 45 minutes.