The vegan apple plum cake is soft as only apples can make it. A classic and always perfect cake for breakfast.
“There are some days when breakfast seems the only thing worth getting up for. And the vegan apple plum cake is the only reason why you do it!”
Here you can find more vegan sweet recipes for breakfast.
Vegan apple plum cake
- Plum cake pan
- 300 g Spelt flour
- 125 g Brown sugar
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- 200 ml Natural soy yogurt with no-sugar
- 50 ml Sunflower oil
- 9 g Cream of tartar
- 2 Apples
- 1 Lemon juice and zest
- Just enough Bitter cocoa
- 1 pinch Fine salt
- Peel and core the apples. Dice one apple and slice the other one. Put the diced and sliced apples into two different bowls and season them with the lemon juice.
- To a large bowl, add the dry ingredients: the flour, the sugar, the cinnamon, the diced apple (keep out the lemon juice) and mix well. Set aside.
- To a small bowl add : the soy yogurt, the sunflower oil, the baking powder and the lemon zest. Mix well. Add this ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined in a soft batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured plum cake pan and arrange the sliced apple (keep out the lemon juice) on the surface.
- Sprinkle the top of the plum cake with some bitter cocoa.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180°C for 40-45 minutes. Set aside to cool down.