Self-produced oat milk is delicious and healthy, free of preservatives, rich in soluble fiber and proteins.
“The best days are those that start with someone asking you: tea or oat milk?”
Oat milk recipe
- Chufamix (container, filter, pestle and lid)
- Hand blender
- Small pot
- 50 g Rolled oats
- 1 liter Water
- 1 Walnut kernel
- 1 pinch Fine salt
- Heat 1 liter of water at a temperature of 70 °C. The water should be warm, but more importantly, not hot. So turn off the fire just the first bubbles appear on the bottom of the pot.
- Transfer the warm water into the Chufamix container (container + filter), add oats, walnut kernel and salt.
- Grind with the hand blender for 30 seconds.
- Lift the Chufamix filter and with the help of the pestle, very gently, press to strain the oat milk, as much as possible.
- The oat milk obtained can be stored in the Chufamix container or, as I do, transferred to a glass bottle.
- Wait for the oat milk to cool then store it in the fridge. The oat milk can be kept for 3 – 4 days.
- If you want more or less liquid oat milk, simply play on the temperature of the water. For example, by decreasing the water temperature you get a more liquid milk, with less mucilage.
- If you like, you can sweeten oat milk by adding one of these ingredients: some raisins (softened in warm water), a date, a few grams of brown sugar, a pinch of cinnamon…