The B&B Costiera dei Cech is a bed and breakfast Homestay! What does it mean?
Over the years I realize how much confusion exists around the world of bed and breakfast and generally in the, so called, extra-hotel. I don’t want to talk about regulations and laws and not even about who understand in their favour and creatively.
I’m positive and I want to concentrate on my way to host, adding, by myself, the name Homestay at B&B Costiera dei Cech.
B&B Costiera dei Cech, Homestay, here you are my very personal “manifesto”:
- What does B&B Homestay mean? Easy, who will stay in my bed and breakfast will stay in my home!… it seems trite to say, right?
- Homestay = a holiday spent staying in the home of a local family.
- Homestay or rather share part of the house with the owners.
- Homestay or rather share part of your holiday with the owners.
- Why Homestay and not simply “here you are the keys”? Because accommodate is not just a job.
- Extra informations about the place to stay and not easily found in guidebooks? Easy: Homestay.
- Warning B&B Homestay,…did you mean: Hotel, Apartment…
- Homestay is also to understand the everyday life of the locals.
- Homestay….and I tell you the name of the mountain in front of you!
- Homestay with foreign guests? Sure, I learn your language and you learn Italian
When I decided to open the B&B Costiera dei Cech, Homestay :-) it was clear to me the desire, curiosity and the certainty of knowing and accommodate people who turned to a bed and breakfast by understanding the difference with a hotel or an apartment to rent.
I’m still convinced, even if with a couple of reserves per year!